Saturday, November 30, 2013

Shovel All the Coal In, Gotta Keep it Rollin'

Chattanooga, there you are!
Today was another sleep-until-11 situation at my mother-in-law's. There is just nothing that's not great about that.

Then we went downtown and went to a lunch place on the riverfront that serves only hot dogs. But, you know, all fancy! Like, they do things to hot dogs you never saw. I had a dog with bacon, pimento cheese, and arugula.

Hank ordered a bowl of granola with milk. And a side of fries.


Then we strolled around downtown--if you've never been to Chattanooga, I do recommend--and took the kids to see Frozen. We bought tickets online ahead of time because I was thinking, Saturday after Thanksgiving, the place is going to be mobbed with families out on the town. But the theater was nearly empty, and then I remembered: SEC football. Georgia played Tech today AND Auburn v. Alabama. Everyone on my facebook feed was in spasms.

3Ds!
We really enjoyed the movie. I had zero expectations for it, but it was adorable. If you need to take the fam to the show sometime during the holidays, it's a good choice. Then we went back to Betty's and collected our stuff and the dog, and headed back down the highway to the ATL.

And now we're home, and I'm sitting here watching Magic Mike with Matt and Lincoln. Another adorable movie. But different.

I have really liked the daily writing this month. I think I will commit to blogging alternate days in December. Every day is, like, too much me?  Thank you for coming along and reading! I mean, looking back, nothing happened. But it was the kind of nothing I like. I hope and pray for a lot more of it.

If you'll indulge me, I think my favorites were my posts involving Matt, maybe this one and this one.

I still didn't even get to cover all the stuff that happened this summer, or even all of my neighbors, but we'll take it up in December.

Smooch to the nooch.

15 comments:

Camp Papa said...

Your readers have rights! Respect them!

Elizabeth said...

I'm right there with Camp Papa, demanding respect and rights. Plus, we have seniority -- I do believe.

KrisT said...

Listen to Camp Papa: he is wise! Also, as a very selfish reader, I very much missed your blog when you were on hiatus - it is a real bright spot in the blogosphere. Also, I can't get enough of tennis shenanigans.

Erika W said...

We do have rights and now we have a contract. "I think I will commit" is iron-clad. No turning back now. Looking forward to reading more of your sweet nothings.

M said...

I think this is just the kind of nothingness Sarte was talking about. You blog therefore you are. Not to pressure you or anything, but without SubMat posts, do your readers exist? I will take the proposed every other day if only to afford you more time to shovel that coal. ; )

Mary said...

Posting everyday is not "too much you". Do you think any of your followers lead a more exciting life? Ha

Mary said...

Posting everyday is not "too much you". Do you think any of your followers lead a more exciting life? Ha

poz said...

Magic Mike. With Matt and Lincoln.

Becky said...

I know Poz. It was a special time. LOLOL

Amy said...

Pardon me boys...is that the cat that ate your new shoes?

Camp Papa said...

Amy, i think you might mean, "Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Amy said...

LOL! It's like a generational telephone game. Yeah that's what I meant!

Beth said...

I'm giddy with anticipation for alternate day blogging in December!

Anonymous said...

Your father can make whichever demands he likes, but all I ask of my comrades in blogging is to turn the calendar page each & every month. You did great!

adam clean said...

من اكبر وافضل واقوى شركات تنظيف خزانات المياه بجدة تلك التي تقوم بأعمال تنظيف وتعقيم خزانات المياه في جدة بمنتهى الدقة والاحترافية وتقدم ايضا شركة تنظيف خزانات بجده افضل الخدمات الجيدة في تنظيف وتعقيم الخزانات لكي تحافظ على الماء نظيفا